Saturday, May 25, 2013

when exploring the cloud brings you to a new employer

In the beginning of 2013 it became clear to me I needed a change.
For almost five years I was in the contract business doing challenging projects for my employer.
But something nagged.
I noticed most projects were in finance and I knew there was more to test, especially in the cloud.
And I wanted to work for a company which was developing for interesting clients in the cloud.
So, I started to go walkabout.
My goal was to find a suitable project in 3 months or less.
Man, if I knew what I was getting myself into.
In 3 months time I saw more companies and organisations then in all my testing career.
Names I won't tell, but let me say this, every big player in finance, e-commerce, navigation, government, insurances etc etc got a call or letter from me.
A lot of telephone calls, emails and invites followed.
At the end of april I struck gold, and in an area which was known to me, but I never imagined to start working for in the cloud: a company in transport management software (see my personal details for more :) ).
Well, and it's completely out of my comfort zone finance.
I need all my knowledge on software testing, test automation, ERP, cloud and review techniques.
And not for only 1 client like I had in my previous projects. Nope, for more than 5, and these are still encounting, I love it.
It's gonna be a hot summer with new stuff to see and learn.
New areas to spread the softwaretesting word., all in the name of quality.

Stay tuned for updates, they certainly will come...

No comments: